This course explores the critical steps toward increasing economy, efficiency and effectiveness of grants and grant-funded programs. As a participant in this class, you will explore current issues and events in grants management along with how to successfully prepare for a grant audit. You will find this course to be informative in guiding your approach to managing your organization's grant portfolio,. Participants will also learn and apply the general and technical competencies identified by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to help ensure successful grants management outcomes.
- Identify current issues and trends in grants management
- Identify new and unique options for dealing with special challenges in grants, such as volunteer recruitment, training and retention, advertising of services, communication between the “number crunchers” and program managers, and other related topics
- Become familiar with the grant audit process
- Review correct close-out procedures when grants expire
- Apply OPM's general and professional competencies to grants management
Course Length: 2 Days