Health Equity Summit 2021December 9, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Influencer Marketing Campaign—multilingualJanuary 29, 2022
DC Health engaged Bayne LLC (Bayne) to manage the Advancing Health Literacy to Enhance Equitable Community Responses to COVID-19 initiative. Bayne assisted, monitored, and reported on Community-based Organizations selected for the grant. Bayne also convened the monthly Health Literacy Collaborative meeting and provided technical assistance to grantees.
Community-Based Organizations Health Literacy Collaborative
- Using a train-the-trainer model, developed, and delivered workforce training on best practices in health literacy and addressing health disparities.
- Identified organizations to receive health literacy training and join the Health Literacy Collaborative.
- Managed the Community-based Organization onboarding process, issuing grant awards to six sub-grantees for the implementation of culturally appropriate health literacy plans for their respective communities: Central American Resource Center (CARECEN), Far Southeast Family Strengthening Collaborative (FSFSC), InnerCity Collaborative Community Development Corporation (ICDC), Latin American Youth Center (LAYC), Leadership Council for Healthy Communities (LCHC), United Planning Organization (UPO).
- Through the Health Literacy Collaborative, engaged with health systems and nontraditional partners (such as foster care services, poison control centers, and literacy service providers) to develop customized health literacy plans.
- Developed and implemented customized organizational assessments for participating organizations.
- Developed workflows for channeling residents into disease self-management programs, and COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
- Developed an evaluation plan for the Health Literacy Collaborative.
- Disseminated COVID-19 messaging to priority populations (including Wards 5, 7, and 8).
- Utilized trusted community members to promote COVID-19 health literacy and to connect residents with testing and vaccination services.